Monday 18 October 2010

Spending my time....

I've just been passing time on the internet for a bit now. Looking into various videos on youtube and checking out a webcomic that updates on a daily basis. It's called Sinfest.  It's been going on since 2000 [so 10 years now!] I got introduced to it back in 2008 I think. And since then I've been keeping up to date with it. It really is a great comic and I think if you guys don't know about it. You should check it out =]

You don't even have to start from the beginning if you don't want to, at least take a good possible year back in comics and just skim through them or something and you'll quickly pick up. Yeah a year might seem long but really it's not that bad at all. At least then you can get into grips with the characters and the actual story line that is going with the various characters.
 http://www.sinfest.net/ [Check it out on this link!]

Anything can happen in the world of Sinfest, but they keep it story related and make sense of it, which I <3
Now while I was searching around on googlising the net XD I came across a very old webcomic that I always used to read that was based around gaming. It's called F@NB0Y$ (Yes that is how it's spelt on the site) I think it looks cool =P

Basically, it has 3 main characters, A girl who is an Xbox fangirl, a guy who is a Playstation fanboy and another guy who is a Nintendo fanboy. When I read it before a few years back they pretty much tried keeping it video game related quite often.

However then after about a year the site just stopped updating and the webcomics that were put up, hardly made any sense ¬ ¬ So I totally went off it.

Thing is I went back on it again, and oh my gosh it actually updated! And I think its back to the gaming fanboyism that I grew to <3 from this online comic. So there may just be a chance that this webcomic has gone straight back to its original routes. (http://fanboys-online.com/index.php?comic=334)

The magic spoofs is back XD

I'm sure we all know about Machinima, if you don't then since I’m such a cool dude!!! I'll tell you in a quick sentence. Its home-made videos based around a video game uploaded. (To be put simply)

During the summer I started watching Machinima based on Halo. And no it's not Red vs. Blue.

Honestly I wasn't a huge fan for that series, it was alright but I didn't find it thaaaaaaat amusing. It was though.

Then came this one show called "Arby and the Cheif" it's about Master-Cheif and the Arbiter as toy figurines who actually are alive inside a home. Think of Toy story! The owner doesn't know that his Halo figurines actually come to life when he's gone.

And the series is full of memorable and funny moments that keep you coming back! It's up to the sixth series now [Due to its huge popularity and awesomness!] , so you'll have a lot to watch ;)

I thought I’d post two videos from the series. Basically this is a two part video so i'm giving you guys both part 1 and 2. Makes sense don't it =P So yeah check it out and perhaps it'll lure you into this epic series!

[This is from Series 6, but watch it! Arby is trying to find Halo Reach around the house while Cheif finds out what Jtagging is in MW2 =] Honestly You will <3 this!!!!!! 

*Part 1*




*Part 2* 




I really hope you guys watched that two-part episode. It was only pretty much 10 minutes of your time =] But best of all It'll be awesome if you liked it.

Now taking a break from gaming for a hot sec, I wanted to talk about some tech news =P Now we all know about Apples over-sized Iphone (The Ipad) Or maybe "Ipod Touch" Would be the better example.

I've always felt the Ipad to be more of a novelty item instead of a necessity. Since in all honestly it's just an oversized Ipod touch using the same OS. (Operating system)
                                                  
Samsung Galaxy tab =]
About time a worthy contender for the Apple Ipad is set to launch later this year. Around November time most likely. By looking below at the comparison specification sheet that i obtained from the PC world website. You can see the similarities and the differences between the two pads.

You can clearly see that Samsung's answer to the Ipad, overall has better specs. With built in camera, expandable memory and it has (flash player) =P Something that the Ipad doesn't have XD Which is a major component when you are online.


With all honestly I’m actually looking forward to try out the galaxy tab with the many different features it holds, especially with brilliant specs for something of that size.

Apple has this thing about marketing. They are brilliant at it! Hence they somehow manage to pull people into their company. Making them into their own puppets that lead them to buy any upgrades that Apple provides. Seriously it happens O_O Tons of apple nuts!

*Check out this video on the Galaxy tab =]* 




Well if you've been interested in this galaxy tab, then maybe you might have even taken a look at the video above. Seriously I think on paper the tab takes it! Over the Ipad, but then again Apple's marketing is on some super scale ¬ ¬

They always manage to keep their marketing simple but at the same time, they give out this powerful message that makes people think otherwise about their products. Making you want them! Because I’ll be honest, apple do make nice products and they look great and slick to boot.

That being said, it doesn't mean they make the best stuff ;) So Samsung may just have a chance to actually beat the Ipad at it's own game. I mean co'mon, you've seen the specs above and what it can do. You’re getting far more for your money.

What worries me is that Apple have made the Ipad very appealing. And people find it a very trendy item to have, practically everyone knows about it. Apple market the sh*t outta there products!

So the Samsung Galaxy tab even though it may be the better device, it still might be over shadowed by Apples dominance in terms of marketing. When it comes to the Ipad. I mean every new product Apple release, as soon as it's been introduced, the hype train starts and just gets bigger and bigger until launch.

But i guess i'll see what happens. Personally I'd say the samsung is the better device, but the Ipad will still remain the more visually and style wise appealing product. And seriously people, I know you guys always want to be trendy and get attention lol.

[Pricing for the Samsung tab will probably be around the £600 mark I’m guessing due to the features and the tech behind this tiny little gadget =P ]
Okies I've done waaay tooo much talking and probably bored you!!! XD 

*Love it or hate WOW, Just WATCH how EPIC this intro movie is for Cataclysm! O_O*





Switching back to gaming! XD Now I haven't played WOW in ages. My friends got me into it and we played and honestly I did have fun. The only judgement that led me off was how time consuming this game really is lol. I mean it’s loooong! Never ending! It's pure dedication.

I'm talking about Cataclysm today because, first of all it looks fricken AWESOME! But also that I’m always up for posting something about games that I may not even purchase in the end o_O But who knows how i feel once it's released.

O_O OMG....Just look at the Box art..Drooling




Thing is I'm not really going to go into any major gaming news with this expansion for WOW. Since the people who want this! Would have already done there research ages ago!!!!

But anyways, screw it. You can reach level 85 now and honestly Death Wing (that sickass! Dragon) is back! And ready to kick your stupid ass! So be prepared!


Lucky Alliance with Worgans!!!
I may be a horde, but damn! Alliance got the best pick with this new expansion in my eyes. The worgans look soo kickass! Compared to those little goblins’ that the Horde are getting ¬ ¬ But I guess in a way when it comes to the Horde's new race. Those little goblins may have a nice quirky look and feel to them as well as having some sweet mounts.

Alright I was on twitter and i came across this awesome website! It's called Geektyrant. You should follow them =] Basically I just saw something totally magic! And i'd like to share to you what the site had on my blog so you guys can check it out ^__^

According to the GeekTyrant website, due to the new Tron movie being released later this year, Marvel are celebrating this by portraying various Marvel characters, as if they were in the Tron Universe. Sorta like that Simpsons episode when Homer went into the 3rd Dimension through some weird gate way portal.

Check out this awesome magical pictures people!!! *all pictures were obtained from GamesTyrant.com*

*SpiderMan*
 

*SpiderWoman* (As it states on GameTyrant...But I like to call her SpiderGirl ^_^)



*QuickSilver*



*Captain America*



*Gost Rider*


*Ms Marvel <3 *


*Moon Knight*


*Thor*


*Wolverine!!! With yellow flat glowsticks for claws XD *


Lastly......My main dude!!!! IRONMAN! *theme tune plays*



Well I hope you enjoyed the ending of this post =P (THANK YOU SOO MUCH GAMETYRANT for the pics =P)

Im off to bed now. It's mad late while I’m typing this. Hope you guys had fun reading this. I pretty much throw in anything that goes on in my mind as i go along ;) yeah quick magic thinker =P

Alright take care people! Luvz u all! =]

1 comment: