Tuesday 12 October 2010

Welcome to Tricky's Blog =]

Hey people, so this is a first for me, creating a gaming blog for all you magic people in the interwebs =P

*Above is me ¬ ¬*
I'd like to start with first off all introducing myself to the community. I'm a hardcore gamer who turned 21 on September 12th. (Hint of my birthday) I've been gaming since the age i can't remember. So yeah that means it's been a long time!


Currently I’m a games design student at University. So hopefully the industry will be prepared for when I drop down like Ironman and provide the gaming world with great titles =] that’s my ambition to always give what the people want.

I'm not the type of guy to bore people with a lot of unnecessary jargon, because seriously no one cares. I own an Xbox360, PS3 and a gaming rig. I do have Xbox live and PSN and my gamertag is TrickyAcid. If you’d like to add me, don’t hesitate I <3 meeting new people =] 

PSN & XboxLive Gamertag =  TrickyAcid        

I have a huge library of games that i could list down, but i'm into shooters, action/adventure and RPG. Few of my favourite RPG titles consist of Fallout 3, Elder Scrolls IV: Oblvion and Mass Effect 2. My team Miranda & Garrus! XD

Miranda <3
Top Dude in the team!

However when it comes to shooters, I got love for the Halo series, Call of Duty and of course the brilliant Gears Of War =] From the original games release in 2006, I met some awesome people online and now we pretty much stick together when it comes to online gaming.

[See I told you I <3 meeting new people!] Below is just a small token towards my passion for the Gears franchise. The Pictures are from Gears Of War 1, and the quality is pretty weak but meh. Just to show you guys a few collaborations of my team and I online...OWNING!

HEADSHOT!!!!!!
Team-Rape
Bro Fist!!!

I still don't get how this happend.....


So yeah that was a few pictures from Gears of War one. Back in 2006, that's 4 years ago o_O but its awesome memories that I’m sure all us gamers can always talk about. If a game can bring you sweet moments then that’s an awesome game =] Anyway.....I know I’m probably making you bored with all this Gears talk! But if you’re interested in the game. I've posted a video for Gears of War 3 that i got from Gametrailers. For your viewing pleasure.



Created by one of my favourite games designers Clifford Blezinski. Just like him i'd too want to become how i guess you could say a *Celebrity games designer* since he listens to the community and has provided us with many iconic video games such as JazzJackRabbit to Gears of War.

Now backing away from the hardcore shooting genre, there is one series that I’m a HUGE fanboy for. A game series that I pretty much follow religiously and take to heart. I'm talking about....."Otagon get a grip!!!!....METAL GEAR!!!!!!!"

The brilliant designed story line, the immersive gameplay and the iconic characters. Metal Gear Solid is just gaming genius. Props to the creator, Hideo Kojima. My most inspirational games developer =]

MGS!!! My signed copy of Peace Walker by Hideo Kojima

The Man himself...SNAKE!!!!!!

The next adapatation of MGS....RISING ;]


 So yeah you guys can see I’m a huge gaming fanatic =P it's basically my life! But there are other things that i <3 especially anime! DragonBall Z pretty much got me into the whole buzz. And it still is my favourite anime of all time. When Goku went super saiyon that was an epic moment! A few others range from Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagen, Gundam Wing, Excell Saga and many more. 



Everyones All serious face And Kamina is all.....yeah....


The latest anime I’m watching is on-going. Known as High School Of the dead, it's pretty awesome since I haven't really seen an anime with zombies that actually did as great as this series has been doing so far.


It delivers great adrenaline pumped action and brilliant surprising moments. If you want to check it out just go onto this link http://www.anilinkz.com/category/highschool-of-the-dead/



Comic books is another thing, i adore reading them as well was watching various TV series and movies from Marvel to the DC universe. My favourite Superhero is BATMAN! I don't really need to explain the reasons as to why, it's simply because "He's the goddamn Batman!" Honestly you can even add him on twitter! 


A few of my batman comics =]
However when it comes to the Marvel universe, i have many to choose from but my favourite is IRONMAN! Tony Stark is a legend. Even though he does usually go around getting drunk. Sadly the games haven't been great at all; hence I never bothered to actually buy them. 
 
IRONMAN!!!
On the other hand, Batman Arkham Asylum was brilliant! I give kudos towards Rocksteady studios for making such a great game to portray the awesomeness of the Batman! From the various villains you had to face to the immersive surroundings, the game was excellent. And even if you’re not a huge fan for the caped crusader, I highly recommend this title. Believe me you'll <3 it. 

Basically you can see I have a good love for most things really (awesome things) I also like to collect merchandise such as gaming figurines or models from actual anime series. I've got a decent collection I think as you can see below, it's not huge! But I’m getting there =P

The ever growing collection 
You can see that it's kind of decent, nothing super huge but i've got some iconic figures there =P from the Halo Reach legendary edition monument to Marcus Fenix. It's slowly expanding each year with more and more merchandise that i purchase, as well as some of the special editions of certain computer games. Next up it Fallout New Vegas and Fable 3! 



 
Here's my gaming rig, the camera's flash kind of made Samus's facial features go away. So she looks mouth-less but meh. It’s all good. The mouse mat is from Rare. When I went to speak to them about a few tips on how to get a job into the industry. 


Behold the golden lancer o_O
One of my Prized items, my golden Lancer =P I couldn't actually get the one with the blood stains and the gritty dark colours. Since apparently in the UK according to the game retailers it was illegal to own the one since it looked close to a real gun ¬ ¬ but eitherway i'm gratful for what i got and i'm really happy with it ^_^

Now when it comes to media. TV i <3 cartoons XD Family guy! As well as many other series such as the Fringe or Big Bang theory. I have too many to name. In terms of music I like pretty much anything that sounds good, but mainly rap, hip hop, rnb and some alternative rock =] I got a <3 for everything lol. 

I stated before that i'm a games design student at University, I've been practising 3D moddeling. Personally I <3 anything artistic! Since you can visually see what a person has created using there imagination. I'm still practising but it's real fun knowning what the end outcome might be like =] *if done right ¬ ¬ *

However for the games industry i'm looking to go in as a programmer, so I’m working pretty hard to get to grips with the whole C++ language =] Anything i make I’ll remember to post so you guys can check it out and leave comments. [That goes for both 3d models and perhaps some games even =P ]

Also for all you gear heads! I wanted to meantion that Epic games are are doing 4x XP on Gears Of War 2 from today 12th October to 28th October. And From the 29th October to the 1st of October you can get a massive 31x XP  So now's the month to get back onto Gears 2 ;] There's a small multiplayer video from Gears 3 just to show you guys whats to come when the multiplayer beta is released next year. 



Erm....other than that, i suppose I’ve pretty much told you guys quite a bit about me. Hopefully you guys didn't get too bored reading this and actually found it as fun to read as i found typing it. Honestly this blog thing isn’t that bad. I'll try my hardest to keep you guys posted on a daily basis, on everything that’s going on with me o_O or the gaming/tech world around us!

 Oh and please comment! I love to have people involved in some way so leave a message.

Take care people =]

I'll be back to blogging tomarrow.  ^__^

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is good! :) I'm proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cant believe this is one post... lol follow my blog fool! xD http://tormyjai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete